JSpeed.net Forums  

Go Back   JSpeed.net Forums > CR-X Forums > CR-X Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2009, 02:25 PM

Default EF Sedan

Well finally got sick of having the Sedan sitting up so Ive got the 1.4 back up and running A1 again (and yes I have snuck this into the CR-X project thread)..

There is loads of a build thread before all this but call this the second coming....

The headgasket went last year after alot of abuse on track, drag etc It didnt bother me at the time because I had planned on getting the B16 in soon after but with things coming up and other projects on the way it fell to the backround..

A few weeks ago I replaced the headgasket, skimmed the head, re ground valves and done all valve seals etc but still had problems loosing water.. Again I lost interest and robbed the battery for the RX7 slowly it was gathering spiders out in the yard

So yeaterday I finally bit the bullit and said I WOULD GET IT GOING AGAIN..

Treated the car to a new battery but over time earths had slightly broken down and contacts corroded.. After about 30mins I had all the major earths cleaned and grounding right and the D14 roared back into life

Next on the agenda was to find the water leak.. The oil was fine so I was pretty sure it hadnt leaked ito the sump and the exhaust wasnt giving out any white smoke so cylinders seemed safe too.. After a good bit of rooting I came to the cause of the problem....... The water pump..
Seems like the was a port thats exhausts water if the pump f**ks up and this was now pi$$sing out water.. A trip down the back to an old D15 engine I had lying up and I had a good water pump again, fitted to the sedan and the D14 was back to its former glory:happy)

Now the small maintenence bits that built up over time..

DOORS: The boot door latch had got a right bating over time so much so that it eventually it broke away the latch altogether. After a bit of measuring and bating I was finally happy with the position and welded it on.. It worked again Woo Hoo. Locking boot again

Again since buying the car another problem I had ignored was the drivers door restraint, the little bar that stops it opening too far had pulled from the sill/pillar thing.. I took the whole mechanism appart and found alot of wear on the arm itself after a little grinding it was moving smoothly again. Re fitted and tacked the whole lot back in place.. Excellent

Next up ELECTRICS!!
Lights on the car were gone all shitee ways too.. Rear bulbs were abit all over the place and the right hand side tail light was holding more water than the titanic.. Fogs had stopped working completely after taking them off to get some pics of the set up and the drivers side head/dim lights were only working as a bare glow..
So without going through every problem individually I changed bulbs,re-earthed, resealed, found a plug I forgot about, resealed and changed two fuses in for the lights.. Result = Happy Me

The Horn had also become a bit patethic! After removing the bumper and getting a lok around it turns out it had just broken down over time (same as on the CRX).. So hopefully picking one up this evening

As part of my ever growing parts list for the CRX I had got a C-Pillar brace from the states but for some reason was no where near fitting it.. Bad news for the CRX good News for the sedan.. With a little bit of cutting of plastics and fiddleing with the rear upper seatbelt mounting point anther brace was adding to the stability of the sedan and loks quite menacing inside ther rear window

So that kinda covers what I done yesterday
Immediate plans now are:
-Find new horn and then refit it and the front bumper
-Re clean up engine bay and fit all the alloy guards again (maybe some paint)
-Tidy up the rear arches again before they go too bad they are getting bad but should be able to sort them before they are too far gone
-Get the car back on the road and start preping it for vtec

I do plan on keeping this going now.. Cant wait to be on the road with it again regardless of what engine.. Such a fantastic car

Old 05-13-2009, 02:39 PM

sweet, good write up. i saw your other car in minge magazine yesterday. looks good.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:04 PM

Thanks james came out alright, its the whole reason that this and the CRX are not on the road yet[:I]
Old 05-13-2009, 04:00 PM

i think you should sell/give this to me, i love it!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:06 PM

god shes a nice sedan. unreal clean!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:23 PM

you have a nice collection there. last picture is the best but its a pitty the crx was missing from it
Old 05-13-2009, 04:27 PM

I fancy those wheels. How much would you part with them for?
Old 05-13-2009, 05:21 PM

Thanks for the comments lads..

This is a keeper along with the CRX I wouldnt sell em/give em away

H22: Yea man the CRX was up in the yard without an engine, will be in for pics soon enough though..

marty: Would want to be a crazy offer for me to part with them.. Best off buy them new.. But just to sicken ye I bought them for E200[]
Old 05-13-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by C-Rex
But just to sicken ye I bought them for E200[]
[:0][:0][:0] how do u do it???
Old 05-13-2009, 05:45 PM

Very nice Paul. You're such an Auto slut

You should have been a writer/photographer!!

Do you use Photoshop for your pics? I've CS4 but I only use it to open photos!!

siR [New addition] Sold!
siR [RIP]